SLT Vented Tubular Plate Batteries (Semi-Traction)
SLT Vented Technology Batteries with liquid electrolyte and tubular plate technology are characterized by robust design with powerful tubular plates and a special alloy that offers long service life and high cyclical resistance of more than 1200 cycles (60% DoD, 20ºC).
Long Cycle Life
- Exclusive use of high quality raw materials and sophisticated production processes in European manufacturing facilities ensure durability and reliability under the most demanding cycling conditions.
- Proven tubular plates design with low antimony content for high absorption, reinforced grids and high-porosity separators with minimal internal resistance make SLT batteries sustain their high capacity for a remarkable number of deep cycles offering exceptional efficiency for daily deep cycling applications.
- The production process includes at least five quality controls for the SLT batteries: materials quality control, assembly quality control, pressurization check, charge level control and final testing. Quality materials, advanced manufacturing techniques of main components and accurate production processes ensure the high quality standards.
Ease of Handling
- SLT batteries are engineered for optimal space utilization, quick installation and minimal maintenance. Their GC2 standard design offers maximum compatibility for all applications, while battery types according to DIN standard for European vehicles are also available.
Flexibility and Availability
- Wide choice of amperage levels for any type of application and size is available, while the European production and stock offer ensures fast deliveries.
- SUNLIGHT can offer 24×7 experienced pre-sales and after sales support through a Global Partners Network.
Optimum Total Cost of Ownership (TCO)
- Maximum lifetime value and excellent quality-price ratio.
- Positive plates: Tubular plates with optimized anticorrosion characteristics due to the use of special low antimony lead alloy. Tubes filled by injection with active material (mixture of lead oxide and red lead).
- Negative plates: Plates composed of reinforced grids design pasted with optimized lead alloy.
- Separators: High-porosity separators with minimal internal resistance.
- Secured insulation between positive and negative plates.
- Electrolyte: Optimized electrolyte density (acid-water), for proper ionic exchange.
- Container, lid material: Corrosion-resistant polypropylene material. Lids completely heat sealed.
- Terminals: Automotive Post type. On the same side for 12V blocks and diagonally for 6V blocks.
- Valves: Filler caps with vent valves for proper battery ventilation.
- Number of cycles: 1200 cycles (@60% DoD, 20ºC)
- Maintenance: Low topping up requirements.
- Operating temperature: Min: -20ºC / Max: 45ºC. Recommended 15ºC to 35ºC.
- Self discharge rate: Approx. 2% per month at 20ºC.
- Storage Time: Maximum shelf life up to 5 months at 20ºC, 4 months at 30ºC or 2 months at 40ºC.
- Recommended Charging Voltage: 2.25 to 2.30 V/cell (stand-by use at 20ºC), 2.35 to 2.45 V/cell
- (cycle use at 20ºC).
- Battery charging: An initial ampere charge of 12 to 16% of the stated capacity for 5 hours of operation.
Battery driven electrical vehicles
- Golf carts
- Airport Ground Support Equipment
- Tow vehicles (tuggers)
- Unit load carriers
- Floor cleaners
- Wet scrubbers
- Ice preparation machines
Mobility for the disabled
- Electric wheelchairs
- Pedestrian-operated stair climbers
Mobile lifting platforms
- Light cranes
- Aerial Work Platform /Access
- Leisure and light industrial craft (inland waterways or seagoing)